SPLIT Workout uses timers to keep you focused on your exerciese. If you're doing normal A/B split workouts where you lift to failure every set, you can use the "Rest Timer" to manage your breaks between sets. Otherwise, our default timer is for the EDT (Escalating Density Training) workouts. With EDT you try to do as many reps as possible within a timed block. Here's how it works:
- By default, you start with two 10 minute blocks (you can adjust the block time in the app settings).
- Each timed block consists of two oposing exercises (i.e push and pull, bench press and cable rows, or upper and lower body exerciese). Aim to do both with the same effort. If you bench press for 4 reps, adjust the cable row weight so you can achive about 4 reps with the same effort.
- Start with a weight thats about 70% of your max.
- Don't lift to failure. Especially not at the begining of the block. For example, if your failure is at the 7th rep, stop at the 4th. It's not about how many reps you can do in a set, but the total number of reps you do in a timed block.
- As you race against the clock, make sure to pace yourself. You don't start a marathon with a sprint— you end it with one!
- Your goal is to do as many reps as possible of each of the two exercises before the time runs out. You'll be moving fast between the two exercises, as you do, don't forget to watch your form. If you need to slow down or take a break, do it. Don't get hurt.